Originally adopted by millennials to share photos and videos, Snapchat’s new tools and features make it a valuable engagement tool for businesses. Including Geofilters in your Snapchat marketing strategy ensures your target prospects are aware of your offerings and events.
Once considered a trendy photo and video sharing application, Snapchat has quickly evolved into the fastest growing social media platform. In addition to its multimedia sharing features, Snapchat offers On-Demand Geofilters designed to help you reach out to people in specific geographic locations and promote your event, product, or business. If you already use Snapchat, then Geofilters provides you with another way to connect with your prospects and followers. If you do not use Snapchat yet, it’s past time to develop a Snapchat marketing strategy that ensures you are not missing out on opportunities for growth and outreach.
Benefits of Implementing a Snapchat Marketing Strategy
An experienced social media marketing company in Little Rock, Arkansas can help you put together a targeted Snapchat marketing strategy that delivers increased social engagement and new leads. Snapchat Geofilters are fast and easy to set up and can benefit your business in several ways:
- Boost your branding by making sure your snaps are instantly identifiable
- Engage with potential customers at local events in real time
- Advertise in an area with competitors by designating a geofencing area (a virtual perimeter for a real-world geographic area)
- Create a shared experience with users that helps foster brand loyalty
- Increase the reach of your Snapchat account and specific snaps
How to Make a Snapchat Geofilter for your Business
Snapchat allows you to make custom Geofilters to further your brand and promote your business. With personal user filters, you cannot use branding or business information of any type. You need to create Geofilters that are specifically designed for your business. The content you use for your custom Geofilters needs to adhere to all of Snapchat’s guidelines and policies as well. Here’s how to take advantage of the very latest social media marketing agency trends by making a Snapchat Geofilter for your business:
- To start, visit Snapchat’s On-Demand Geofilters page and select “Create Now.”
- Choose a template to create a custom Geofilter with Photoshop or Illustrator. Snapchat offers templates in both AI and PSD format. You can also create an image using a layout and design site like Canva. The dimensions of your image need to be 1,920 pixels by 1,080 pixels and the image needs to have a transparent background.
- Choose the active dates for your Geofilters. You can choose a single day or choose a range, up to 30 days.
- Search by address or zip code to locate the area you want to target on a map. Once the map appears, use the mouse to draw a fence around your target location. Snapchat requires a minimum area of 20,000 square feet. The site will generate a price estimate based on the information you have entered. More days or a larger geographic area will have a higher price tag, so if the estimate is high, reducing the length of time or area can cut the cost of the Geofilters.
- Review your details and submit. You will receive an email confirmation for your Geofilter request within one business day. Once approved by Snapchat, the geofence specified for your Geofilter will go live on the date and location specified.
Like with any marketing strategy, it’s important to stay true to the values and aesthetics of your business. Snapchat users are looking for a way to enhance their experience so keep that in mind as you implement a Snapchat marketing strategy.
If your business wants to better engage potential customers with a targeted snapchat marketing strategy, contact the social engagement specialists at Scale by calling 501-588-3199 to set up a consultation. Keep up with the latest marketing trends and stay on top of the newest ways to use social media by following the Scale blog.